Aug 06 2019
It’s that time of year again – Flash Memory Summit! As you may know, FMS is a great opportunity for companies, influencers and media working in the storage industry to network. This will be NGD System’s 6 years in a row at the summit and of all the years we have attended, I will say this year is truly going to be among the most interesting for NGD Systems, our partners and especially our customers. Not only are we able to announce some exceptional news from our company but SNIA will announce that we (the Working group I help co-chair) has finalized formal categories and definitions for the Computational Storage industry.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our booth, #618 – here is a snapshot of FMS 2019 for NGD Systems:
Topics We Are Discussing:
· Product News: Last year at FMS we announced the NGD Newport platform. Well this year we have some exciting updates! More products, more partners, more solutions!
o Newport SSD: We are adding another arrow in our quiver with our 32TB Newport U.2 SSDs, doubling capacity of the existing Newport U.2 SSD without increasing size.
o Azure IoT Edge: Additionally, we are announcing that we have embedded the Azure IoT Edge service directly within our SSDs, making us the only vendor to support the service directly within a storage device.
· New Survey Data: As edge computing workloads have become increasingly more common, we wanted a peek behind the curtain. The third-party study of 300+ storage pros, by Dimensional Research, was designed to understand the adoption and challenges of edge-related workloads. Some key findings include:
o As computational storage is new and redefining the storage industry, I helped co-chair the group to bring new definitions along with starting standards work. We will share more on an upcoming blog discussing the definition and how we landed on it.
NGD Systems Schedule:
· Tuesday, 8/6 at 2:20-2:50pm
o Keynote Discussing Edge and IoT Needs
§ NGD Systems will present how ML benefits from Computational Storage and can scale at the edge.
o Where: Mission City Ballroom
• Wednesday, 8/7 at 5:05-5:20pm
o Find Out “What Computational Storage Really Is!”
o Where: FMS Theater on the show floor with our partner, Neil from Arm.
• Thursday, 8/9 at 8:00am-5:00pm
o Computational Storage Track with 13 presenters
• Thursday, 8/9 at 9:45-10:50am
o Our presentation Showcasing Application Enhancements via NGD Systems In-Situ Processing Computational Storage
o Presented by Eli Tiomkin, VP Business Development
o Where: Ballroom A
• For the full FMS schedule, click here: https://flashmemorysummit.com/ProgramAtAGlance
Know Before You Go:
· NGD Systems booth is 618 on the floor, just follow the arrows!
· For more information about Flash Memory Summit, click here: https://flashmemorysummit.com/